Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
The Certificate for the Children & Young People’s Workforce - Level 2 Course is designed for students who are wanting to work in the child care sector in a supervised capacity. Anyone wishing to embark on a career in child care will benefit and it provides a starting point to the formal qualifications required to work in the sector. It provides an ideal route into a career in child care and results in a fully recognised qualification which enables students to work competently in a supervised capacity.
Work Placement Requirements: Because this is a competence based qualification, students will need to have a placement in a child care setting in which to gather evidence of skills and learning, and you will need to nominate a workplace supervisor who will oversee your practical evidence gathering. The nominated person could be someone with a management qualification or anyone with a level 3 childcare qualification who is licensed to work unsupervised in a nursery. It is recommended that students have a work placement for the duration of their studies. This could be a full time position or a voluntary position of 1 or 2 mornings, afternoons or days per week.
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of child and young person
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young
- Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Support children and young people’s positive
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Understand Child & Young Person’s Development
- Support Children & Young People’s Health & Safety
Each of the units requires students to provide relevant coursework to make up there complete portfolio. The portfolio will consist of a mixture of knowledge based tasks requiring text based / essay style answers, and evidence of practical skills which include witness statements, observations and discussion records based on your workplace experience. The practical aspects will need to be overseen by a nominated workplace supervisor from a placement setting.
There are no particular entry requirements to start studying this qualification, although students do require a suitable work placement in order to complete their coursework.
Learners completing this course may wish to undertake the Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator)