Hair and Beauty
Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Designed for learners who are looking to gain further knowledge into beauty therapy within the hair and beauty sector, this level 2 NVQ diploma will provide them with the key skills they need to be successful, including ensuring responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety, providing make-up service and instructing clients in the use and application of skin care products and make-up.
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
- Carry out Waxing Services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Fulfil salon reception duties
There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of Level two in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
The qualification is suitable for learners of 16 years of age and above.
This qualification requires assessment of both knowledge and competence therefore:
- Assessment decisions for competence based learning outcomes (e.g. those beginning with’ to be able to’) must be made in a real work environment by an occupationally competent assessor. Any knowledge evidence integral to these learning outcomes may be generated outside of the work environment but the final assessment decision must be within the real work environment.
- Written Assignments
- Summative tests
- Group presentations
- Group discussions
- A completed portfolio must be submitted
- Direct observation
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy - General (RQF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy - Make-Up (RQF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy - Massage (RQF)