LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN LASER AND LIGHTS (HAIR REMOVAL AND SKIN REJUVENATION)
This course will provide you with a fully comprehensive education within both LASER and IPL treatments. This advanced course specializes in reducing hair growth and photo rejuvenation of the skin using intense light and laser treatments.
Throughout this qualification, you will develop an understanding of managing safe working practice and how to identify and control hazards. Being trained in a clinical environment on real patients will ensure you leave confident and fully capable of carrying out safe and effective treatments.
Training is held in small groups and during your clinical practice you will be assessed on your occupational competence.
This course will provide you with:-
- Core Knowledge of electromagnetic spectrum; photons, light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation (LASER) and intense pulsed light (IPL).
- The difference between LASER and IPL light therapy, and methods of applications for hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments.
- Recap of the anatomy and physiology of integumentary, endocrine, circulatory and lymphatic system in relation to light therapy treatments. (Please note that the Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology qualification is prerequisite to this unit)
- How to prepare and demonstrate LASER and IPL treatments including: preparation of the therapist, client, working area, full consultation, tissue analysis & fitzpatrick scale, contraindications, aftercare advice, clinical outcome, clinical side effects, full treatment protocol, recording and evaluation of the treatment – all in compliance with LASER and IPL local rules and legislations procedure.
- How to perform hair removal treatments using IPL and LASER for all areas of the body; setting correct parameters for the hair type and colour on different skin types.
- Ensure you understand the industry requirements when carrying out these treatments such as Laser protocols, the role of Laser Safety Officers and insurance requirements.
Assessment is achieved through assignments, observations and internal test paper and case studies.
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy module in facials and skincare
- The minimum age for entry is 18 years.
- An excellent level of English is required.
Course cost: £1600.00 (discount available for past students)