Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in vocational skills and knowledge and understanding within the work environment. The purpose of this course is to train assessors to attain competence in the current assessment standards. These are the qualifications that will equip a wide range of assessors, trainers, facilitators and teachers to support learners.
The TAQA suite of qualifications replaces the A1 and A2 assessor awards
- These practitioner qualifications are designed to support the assessment and quality assurance of all new QCF qualifications including: Apprenticeships, Functional Skills, Technical Certificates, NVQ’s, Awards, Certificates and Diplomas.
- Each qualification will start with a full days training followed by one-to-one work with your TAQA assessor.
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Records of observation
- Personal reports
- Records of questioning
- Professional discussions
- Product evidence
- Testimony from colleagues
- Learner and assessor statements
The learner will demonstrate that they are–
- Able to plan the assessment of occupational competence.
- Able to make assessment decisions about occupational competence.
- Able to provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence.
- Able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence.
To undertake this qualification, you must have learners that you can access in the workplace.
The TAQA Award is suitable for those who work, or want to work, as:
- Assessors/Teachers/Trainers/Tutors in the Lifelong Learning Sector and Adult/Community Education
- Assessors/Trainers of personnel in commerce, industry, public and voluntary sectors or HM Forces.
Provided they are qualified in the subject they intend to assess by virtue of holding an appropriate professional qualification or employed in a training/teaching role with over 3 years’ experience. Evidence of this will be required.
Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice or Level 3 Teaching and Education.
Course Cost- £650.00